Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Turnagain Arm

Just south of Anchorage, the Seward Highway hugs the dramatic shorelines of Turnagain Arm, arguably one of the most beautiful stretches of highway in America. Turnagain Arm is a waterway into the northwestern part of the Gulf of Alaska. 


Seward Highway

Portage glacier

Three trees

Coastal Classic Railroad

I certainly enjoyed this drive and was able to travel it at a leisurely pace, at least on the way south. On the way back, I had to worry about making my flight. 


Breathtaking scenery

Cove

Beware of the mudflats
Blue water

Large rock outcrop

More tracks
Fishermen

A beautiful spot
Lilly pads

I saw some Dall sheep on the way back, which slowed me down a bit. Sadly, I didn't get any good pictures of them. They were too far away. Plus, they were kind of shabby looking sheep.


Dall Sheep

No comments: