Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Moose Pass

July 2018 -- After our Alaskan cruise, we were transported by bus to Anchorage. I rented a car and dropped Niki at the airport. She had to get back. I headed south for Seward. I stopped at Moose Pass both ways of the trip. Moose Pass is a beautiful Alaska community located in the heart of the Kenai Peninsula. It is 30 miles north of Seward on the Seward Highway along Upper Trail Lake. The population is only about 200, but there's plenty to attract tourists.


Welcome to Moose Pass

My accommodation in Moose Pass: the Trail Lake Lodge

Upper Trail Lake

While staying in Moose Pass, I noticed that they did float plane trips from there. So, on the way back, I checked to see if I could go on a float plane trip. It would be expensive for one person, but fortunately, there was a couple from Minnesota that wanted to go up, too. We shared the cost. It was an amazing experience. We flew over glaciers. We flew high to look for sheep. We flew low along the river to search for bears. We didn't see sheep, but we saw caribou. We saw several Grizzly bears. Landing on the water was cool. 


Hell yeah, I'm excited.

Scenic Mountain Air

My flying companions
Our plane

Our pilot

My view from the cockpit
Flying over a glacier

Grizzly bear spotted in the river

Not sheep, but caribou on the side of the mountain

No comments: