Thursday, August 23, 2018

Mushing

July 2018 -- One of the highlights of my Alaskan cruise was my excursion to a sled dog camp. I took this excursion when the ship stopped in Juneau. It was expensive ($599), but worth it. Niki opted for a less expensive excursion. My first trip was cancelled because of the weather. It was a miserable day, with poor visibility. I was able to book a trip with another company. It was my first-ever ride in a helicopter. It was exhilarating. When we were at the dog camp, we learned about mushing and each got to mush a team. The weather was just as bad on the mountain. I was drenched. I was chilled to the bone. It didn't matter. I got to mush!


I bought the souvenir photo.

My first helicopter ride

I rode in the back seat.

The dog camps were up in the mountains.

I made a friend.

The dogs sheltered in igloos.
Lady musher

Amazing dogs
Dog sled

Sled dog team in action
Paired up and ready to go

All ears

Our ride


When we got back to the ship, there were "Puppies in the Plaza." I waited in line (for awhile) to cuddle with the puppies and get my picture taken. It seemed like a fitting end to the day.

No comments: