06 September 2026

Plockton: Jewel of the Highlands

Plockton is a picturesque Highland fishing village located about 15 minutes from the Skye bridge. We stayed there two nights. It I stayed in an adorable B&B. Plockton is small. There are only two restaurants: the Plockton Inn and the Plockton Hotel. I ate at both. On the second night, I had dinner with Anne Zajac and her husband Gareth. They retired to Skye right after Covid. Both were veterinarians at the vet school at Virginia Tech. Anne was a member of the parasite consortium. 

Inlet

Perfect place for a wedding photo

It was a beautiful walk from my B&B to the two hotels/restaurants. It was along the water. There were so many beautiful gardens along the way. 


Waterfront

Palm trees
Red telephone box
More palm trees
My B&B
So many flowers
Pink and red
View near my B&B
Keep dogs under control