Thursday, August 01, 2024

Instead, Falkirk

July 2024 -- I had meticulously planned my trip to England and Scotland (with a day stopover in Paris). The first week went fine. I was part of a group tour of the Yorkshire Dales. When it was over, I took a train to Edinburgh to begin my week in Scotland. I had a good first day touring Edinburgh, but that night I came down with Covid. I was unable to go on my planned 5 day/4 night tour of the North Highlands. Instead I spent the time in Falkirk.

Falkirk is a town in the central lowlands of Scotland, between Edinburgh and Glasgow.  After a few days of being sick, I began exploring the area. I was lucky because there was a lot to see and do in and around Falkirk. While not the Highlands, it is a place of historical significance. It is located at the junction of the Clyde & Forth and Union Canals, which has a lot to do with its industrial past.


I visited Callender HouseStirling Castle, the Kelpies, and the Falkirk Wheel.

No comments: