Monday, September 10, 2007

A good start

It was a good start to the NFL season:

Redskins won
Steelers won
Ravens lost
Eagles lost
Giants lost

The Cowboys won, but somebody had to win the game between Dallas and New York. I guess a tie would have been alright. Next time, I hope the Giants trounce the Cowboys.

We Redskin fans deserve a good year. It's been awhile. The parts are in place. The defense is solid. We just need Portis to stay healthy and find holes to run through, Jason Campbell to play to his potential, and the receivers to hold onto some balls. Campbell needs to get the ball to Chris Cooley. He makes things happen. And it's time for Randle El to shine as a Redskin.

It was good to see the Steelers win big and for Ben Roethlisberger to play well. If the Redskins don't win much, I need the Steelers to have a good year, so I have a team to root for. Last year, both teams sucked. The Steelers and 'Skins have always had similar strategies: good defense and a good running offense. Win games in the trenches. Win with any quarterback.

I like professional football. It's the only sport on TV that doesn't put me to sleep. All the kids may be playing soccer these days, but it sure is boring to watch on TV. Sorry Beckman.

I'm looking forward to the new television season. Last year, I became a huge Grey's Anatomy fan. Don't anybody call me Thursdays at 9 p.m. I'll miss the charactor of Dr. Burke. I don't think Isaiah Washington should have been fired. I guess Mark Sloan will be my new favorite doc. McDreamy is handsome, but too goody, goody. George is just George. Alex is intriguing.

I've seen a few good movies, latley. The Shooter stars Mark Wahlberg, who portrays an ex-military sniper who is framed for the assassination of a foreign dignitary. It's a great action movie that keeps you on the edge of your seat. I like the movies that I've seen Wahlberg in: A Perfect Storm, Three Kings, Invincible, Four Brothers, Planet of the Apes, and the Italian Job. Of course, he's also got a great physique. Hard to believe he used to be a member of the boy band New Kids on the Block.

The Guardian, starring Kevin Costner and Ashton Kutcher is the Coast Guard version of An Officer and a Gentlemen. A pretty good flick. Demi's a lucky lady. Costner is always appealing, even as he ages. Another Paul Newman type.

I finally saw Garfield the Movie. I love Garfield. The movie was cute -- probably too cute for many people. Sometimes, it's fun to watch simple, meaningless movies like this one. I can't wait to see the sequel.

I'm running out of books to read. Some of my favorite authors -- Daniel Silva, Ken Follett, and David Baldaci -- have new books out or coming out -- but I don't like to pay full price, so I have to wait awhile for the prices to come down on Amazon.com.

No comments: