Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Our Irish Adventure

September 2023 -- My niece Lara and I had an epic adventure in Ireland. Lara planned the whole trip. We knew we had the same interests. After arriving in Dublin, we picked up our rental car, a small SUV. I drove until we neared our first stop: the Kilmainham Jail. Then Lara offered to drive. She was amazing. She took to driving on the "wrong" side of the road (and car) like a native. I didn't have to drive the rest of the trip. 

Lara's driving reduced my anxiety level big time. I have and can drive on the other side, but I'm always a bit nervous doing it. The only time Lara didn't drive is when we took a day trip to the Aran Islands and Cliffs of Moher. We covered a lot of territory, as you can see from the map. It rained almost every day. What did we expect? It's the Emerald Isle. It doesn't get green without a lot of rain. Green grass means somebody's got to eat it. We saw sheep everywhere. I didn't take pictures of all of them.


No comments: