Sunday, April 21, 2024

Cunningham Falls

Cunningham Falls State Park is home to Maryland's highest cascading waterfall at 78 feet. Ty and I visited on March 8, and I took Mom there on March 17.  Both seemed to enjoy the falls. Only one went in the water.  I had visited the falls last summer, but there was little water flowing, due to the lack of rain.

Cunningham Falls State Park borders Catoctin Mountain Park, a federally protected area. It is a short hike along a boardwalk to reach Cunningham Falls. I was able to push Mom in a wheel chair. Ty and I took the longer hike to reach the falls. There is a cliff walk that takes you to the top of the falls. I'd like to do this hike at some point, but probably without Ty. Ty and I have done other hikes in Catoctin Mountain Park, including Hog Rock and Blue Ridge Summit.




No comments: