Monday, September 16, 2024

Little Long Pond

September 2024 -- Other than a few roadside pull-offs, the first place Ty and I visited in Acadia National Park was Little Long Pond (and Seal Harbor Beach). It is located just west of the village of Seal Harbor. It was a great place to take Ty for a walk. He got to go in the water a few places. The place was very peaceful. I would like to have spent more time there, but I had a 11 am reservation for Cadillac Mountain (I didn't want to miss that!).


Ty along the trail

Nearby was Seal Harbor Beach. It is a sand and pebble beach. Dogs weren't allowed for a few more days, but I asked someone and they said it was okay to take Ty on the beach. No one seemed to mind. There were only a few people on the beach. We didn't stay long. We didn't have time.


Seal Harbor Beach

No comments: