Wednesday, May 06, 2020

Two years

It's been almost two years since I last posted. So much has happened. The most significant event was my dad's passing at the age of 88 on April 14, 2019 (Palm Sunday). He would have been 89 a few months later on July 13. On the last day of  2019, I put my beloved cat Max down. He had just turned 17. Boone died unexpectedly in March. He would have been 12 in a few months. Maggie, age 7, is the new guardian of the farm. Mom celebrated her 90th birthday on March 16.

Since my last post, I've been to Alaska, China, England, and Belgium. The Washington Nationals had an incredible journey to the World Series and now are Major League baseball's champions. I so wish Dad had been around to enjoy it. I know he was rooting for them in heaven. Almost two more lambing seasons are in the books. Each had its shares of highs and lows. I'm 58 years old. I surpassed the 31 year mark with the University of Maryland. I began making plans to retire at the end of the year. It is day 55 of the shut down, due to Covid 19. I've been teleworking since March 13. The times are unprecedented. The future is uncertain.

No comments: