Thursday, May 11, 2006

Down to 3

American Idol is down to three contestants: Elliott Yamin, Taylor Hicks, and Catherine McPhee. Everyone was shocked last night when the rocker Chris Daughtry was eliminated. It didn't surprise me because even though Catherine's previous night's performances should have ousted her (at least according to Simon), I didn't think the public was going to vote for three men. You never know what's going to happen when the public is involved. If Elliott's performances are good next week, Catherine may go then.

I think Taylor Hicks will win the competition. Everybody I talk to seems to like him. It's hard to beat his charisma and playfulness. But my pick is Elliott Yamin. I think he has the best voice and has given the most solid performances throughout the competition. He just continues to get better. Unfortunately, he's kind of goofy looking, though I think he looks much better now, almost sexy, with his goatee.

Catherine is still capable of winning, but she has fluttered recently and seems too nervous to go all the way. I think she was shocked when it was Chris, and not her, who was voted off. The announcement by Ryan Seacrest was very abrupt, as shocking as the actual news. Chris was obviously surprised, and I'm sure very disappointed. Paula was in tears. They are all good. It is sad to see any of them eliminated after they have come so far. Like Parris and Kelly before him, Chris will likely find success in the music business. My problem was I didn't always like the kind of music he sang, though he did a good job with the Elvis songs and the Keith Urban song.

I think it would be kind of fun to see the Idols in concert this summer. I doubt I will, so I guess I'll have to settle for their CD, due out in another week or so.

1 comment:

The Mayfield Farm said...

I like Taylor but Catherine is good too. Both display different personalities and talent.
Totally disappointed that Chris D. was eliminated. Even I liked him.