Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The fat lady sings

I had a pleasant surprise this morning when I went out to feed the sheep. The fat ewe had given birth to twin lambs, a ram and a ewe. They are colorful. The female is red and the male is red and white. They are doing fine. I will keep the fat ewe, now.

We took our administrative assistants out for lunch today at Cracker Barrel. It was nice. There was 11 of us. Afterwards, I had a doctor's appointment in Hancock.

I got home early and cut grass. I'll probably have to cut it in another week. Afterwards, I took Zak for a run/walk. I'm going to try to do that every day. He enjoys it, and I need the exercise. Actually, he needs the exercise, too. He's a bit chunky.

This year, I'm hooked on American Idol. I never watched it in previous years, but decided to give it a try this year. I've enjoyed it immensely. There are six contestants left and all are good. It's hard to say who will win. I'm not even sure I care who wins. Anyone of them could and would be worthy of the title. I'm sure all will get contracts doing something in the entertainment field.

Last night, the judges, even Randy and Paula were kind of mean. They liked Elliot. I think his performance was the best of the night. They liked Chris. I didn't care for his performance much. They thought Paris gave the best female performance. She was okay, but I preferred Catherine, who they didn't like last night. She sang Whitney Houston's "I've have nothing." I thought she sang it well and is the most talented and versatile in the group. Kelly didn't give her greatest performance -- her song was boring -- but I thought the judges were hard on her. It's obvious they don't like country music. Simon's even admitted it. The judges didn't care for Taylor's performance either. I didn't think it was one his best efforts, but I don't think he'll be voted off yet.

Who will go tonight? Kelly? Paris? It's hard to say. It could be any of them. I tried to vote for Elliot last night, but couldn't get through on the phone lines. Apparently, it was an all-time record vote.

. . . Kelly got voted off. Then, there were five.

No comments: