- Gradually increase mandatory fuel economy standards.
- Tax credits for more fuel efficient vehicles.
- Luxury tax on gas-guzzling personal vehicles (use taxes to fund energy research).
- Stop subsidizing ethanol production; it's not the answer. Besides, it makes it more expensive to feed my sheep. :)
- More four day work weeks, tele-commuting, and flex time to reduce commuting and the energy it uses.
- More natural landscapes -- less grass cutting, more grazing.
- Drill responsibly in Alaska.
- No home schooling after the 8th grade.
- Physical education five days a week, K-12.
- Not all children should go to college. Emphasize vocational education more.
- Sex education to include include abstinence AND birth control.
- Free college education for students who perform public service (2 year commitment) in at risk areas.
- Restore mission of land grant universities.
- School uniforms.
- Reduce troop strength, but maintain commitment to Iraq.
- Stay tough with Iran, North Korea, and other rogue nations.
- Sleeper agents and more human intelligence.
- Work for change in Saudi Arabia.
- Make the establishment of a Palestinian state a priority in foreign policy.
- Drug testing for welfare recipients. Rehab for those who test positive.
- Incentives for social workers who get people off welfare.
- Free day care instead of welfare.
- Mandatory job training and placement for welfare recipients.
- No social programs for illegal aliens except for emergency health care.
- Tie welfare payments to behavior: more money if kids stay in school, more money if the kids don't get pregnant.
- Peace Corps volunteers in inner cities and other depressed areas.
- No universal health care.
- More health care professionals.
- Incentives for preventative health care practices.
- Tort reform.
- Insurance reform, e.g. no restrictions on pre-existing conditions.
- Insurance buying pools for the self-employed.
- No same sex marriage, but no amendment.
- Legal abortion, but no 2nd or 3rd trimester abortions, partial birth abortions, and notification of parents and spouse required.
- Less restrictions on stem cell research and cloning.
- Tort reform.
- Supreme court justices that uphold the constitution, not legislate from the bench.
- No amnesty for illegal aliens.
- Expand guest worker program.
- Penalties for businesses that hire illegal aliens.
- A wall may be an important short-term solution.
- Gradually phase-out farm subsidies, 10 years.
- Use green payments to encourage conservation practices.
- Manage public lands with prescribed grazing.
- More public funding of agriculture research and education.
- Eliminate plans for National Animal Identification System. Let the market, i.e. private industry, take care of it.
- Balanced budget amendment. in 10 years.
- Line item veto.
- Reduce grants as a method of funding.
- No taxes when you buy from the Internet.
- Term limits.
- Public financing of campaigns (albiet short ones) -- free air time.
- No pensions for elected officials, just contributions to 401 K programs for the time they are in office and away from their primary careers.
- Make English the official language of the U.S.
- Keep God in the Pledge of Allegience.
- Don't restrict display of the ten commandments (freedom of speech).